National Trust Holding Company (NTHC) was established in 1976 (under the auspices of the National Investment Bank) by incorporation under the Companies Code, 1963 (Act 179). In that same year, NTHC was authorized by Legislative Instrument (L.I 1093/76) to operate as a Mutual Fund. The key initial objectives in its establishment were for NTHC to:
- Assist in the implementation of the Government’s Investment Policy as set out in the Investment Policy Decree, 1975 (NRCD 329) and the Ghanaian Enterprise Development Decree, 1975 (NRCD 330).
- Act as Trustees for the State in respect of the Shares and other proprietary rights in some private companies taken over by Government
- Play a leading role in the development of a formal, structured capital market in the country leading to the eventual establishment of the Ghana Stock Exchange.
Vision, Mission & Core Values
Our VisionNTHC aims to be the customer’s preferred choice for investment banking services in Ghana.
Our MissionTo provide investment advisory and management services which are accessible, durable and valuable to our customers and deliver competitive and sustainable returns to our shareholders and staff while contributing to the development of our industry, our communities and our country
Our Core Values - (TRIPP)
- Tenacity: We are resolute and tenacious in the pursuit of our operational and strategic objectives for the advancement of the company, our staff and our customers
- Responsiveness: We work tirelessly to understand customer and staff needs and will respond to such needs at all times.
- Integrity: We maintain honesty in all our operations at all times.
- People Focus: We believe that with a sharp focus on people (staff and customers); we serve our customers better and motivate & retain our valuable staff.
- Passion: We cultivate a culture of excellence and discharge our duties with passion
Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) The Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT), established in 1972, is a statutory public Trust charged under the National Pensions Act 2008 Act 766 with the administration of Ghana’s Basic National Social Security Pension Scheme and to cater for the first tier of the contributory three-tier scheme. Today it manages one of the largest asset portfolios in Ghana.
National Investment Bank NIB was incorporated in 1963 as an autonomous joint state-private institution primarily to promote and strengthen rapid industrialization in all sectors of the Ghanaian economy. Today it is one of the oldest established banks in the country.
SIC Insurance Company Limited SIC Insurance Company Limited traces its roots to 1955. It is the nation’s largest insurer and the only one with a nationwide coverage. The Company has consistently maintained a steady market leadership and currently holds considerable market share in both the general and life insurance business
AcreCon Limited Acrecon Limited is a private Ghanaian company providing investment advisory and financial consultancy services.
NTHC Provident Fund Staff of NTHC Group got the opportunity to own part of the Company in February 2001, through the staff Provident Fund.
NTHC Group comprises the holding Company NTHC Limited and six wholly-owned subsidiaries. The Group is managed at the Holding Company level by a Board of Directors with representation from Institutional Shareholders. Each Subsidiary is managed by a Board of Directors made up of independent, non executive and executive directors.